- Start a Tweet Chat on alternative energy. Invite people that have started alternative energy initiatives in their community
- Research our energy use as a school and community, and propose a plan to reduce carbon emission
- Visit a coal plant or wind farm and interview employees in various stages of production
- Start a YouTube, Vimeo, or podcast channel and interview local authorities that make decisions about energy in our town.
- Raise money to build a solar-powered charging station for cell phones that students could use at lunch.